Kids Hurt Too Hawaii is now hiring for one .75 full time position. Please see below for information on this exciting opportunity. Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2019. We wish to hire by February 16, 2019 or earlier.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Michael K. Moore at [email protected]
Or, go through our posting on Indeed.com.
Job Title: Retail Specialist (.75FTE)
The Retail Specialist focuses on the overall functioning of the HI Rising Boutique, a Workforce Development and Training site for at-risk youth operated by Kids Hurt Too Hawaii. This position will ensure operational efficiency and optimize sales at this Social Enterprise. The Retail Specialist will support training for HI Rising students and staff, and, therefore, must be able to learn all the operations that support HI Rising’s success.
A High School Diploma and two years of experience working in a retail setting in a management position. The ideal candidate must be able to understand the needs of, and work with, victimized, and grieving foster and other at-risk youth. The Retail Specialist will have experience and be expected to work with diverse populations, support an environment that encourages youth leadership, and demonstrate an attitude of compassion, friendliness, empathy and positive regard for others.
- Provide and promote great customer service while monitoring the boutique.
- Ensure HI Rising is open and fully functioning during operating hours.
- Manage inventory, including conducting regular stock checks.
- Use data from the point of sale system to advise product ordering and placement, as well as promotion of cross-merchandising.
- Design and track the effectiveness of promotions, and report on them.
- Develop strategies that expand HI Rising’s customer pool and increase traffic to promote training opportunities for HI Rising students while optimizing revenue.
- Support agency staff, interns and HI Rising students with project goals and objectives.
- Assure compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Act as an adult mentor and resource person for students.
- Make recommendations for project development, training and quality improvements.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with agency and project quality assurance standards, and policies on maintaining student confidentiality.
- Participate in the development, employment and monitoring of strategic theft prevention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.