HI Rising Boutique is Open!
In late 2017, Kids Hurt Too Hawaii took the Hawaii Foster Youth Coalition to new places, one of which is our HI Rising Boutique. We currently have five students enrolled in HI Rising. We will be looking for six more in January 2019!
What is the HI Rising Workforce Development Project?
This Social Enterprise, Workforce Development Project helps youth:
- Gain work experience in a safe and supportive environment.
- Learn important business skills in a real life retail store setting that can be used in many different kinds of work.
- Have a space and opportunity to develop creative ideas.
- Find support with life skills and job finding.
- Receive learning stipends for the completion of educational milestones.
Where is this located?
- In the Kukui Center at 245 N Kukui St. Honolulu. Suite 102.
- The building includes other helpful organizations such as Hawaii Literacy, Hale Kipa, Mediation Center of the Pacific, Hawaii Immigrant Justice Center, Family Promise & more.
Who can enroll?
- We are accepting applications from interested foster youth ages 16-24 years old.
- Self-referrals are welcome! Contact us to get an application.
What kinds of skills are being taught in the hands on training?
- Introduction to Graphic design
- Business planning
- Personal and business finances
- Computer Literacy
- Work-life skills
For More Information, go to: HI Rising
Michael K. Moore Hiro Ito, MSW
Executive Director Program Director
Kids Hurt Too Hawaii Kids Hurt Too Hawaii
(808) 545-5683 Office (808) 545-5683 Office
(808) 348-4193 Cell (808) 256-2447 Cell