BRAND NEW PROJECT STARTING!
Kids Hurt Too Hawaii also oversees the Hawaii Foster Youth Coalition. This arm of the work is dedicated to supporting youth who are transitioning out of foster care. We are launching something new this year.
What is the Entrepreneurial Work Development Project?
This is employment mentorship launching in May of 2017 to support young people to:
- Gain work experience in a safe and supportive environment
- Learn important business skills in a real life retail store setting that can be used in many different kinds of work
- Provide a space and opportunity to develop creative ideas
- Support with life skills and job finding
- Learning stipends and scholarships may be available
Where is this located?
- In the Kukui Center at 245 N Kukui St. Honolulu. Suite 102
- The building includes other helpful organizations such as Hawaii Literacy, Hale Kipa, Mediation Center of the Pacific, Hawaii Immigrant Justice Center, Family Promise & more.
Who can enroll?
- We are accepting applications from interested young people ages 17-24 years old who are aging out of the foster care system
- Self-referrals are welcome! Contact us to get an application.
What kinds of skills are being taught in the hands on training?
- Graphic design
- Business planning
- Basic Finance
- Work-life skills
Who is developing this project & where do I go for more information?
- This is a brand new endeavor that we are very excited about! Please contact either of the people below to apply or learn more:
Michael K. Moore Hiro Ito, MSW
Executive Director Program Director
Kids Hurt Too Hawaii Kids Hurt Too Hawaii
(808) 545-5683 Office (808) 545-5683 Office
(808) 356-9613 Cell (808) 256-2447 Cell